Our Projects

Heritage PROJECTS Parliament House
Project categories

Parliament House is the home of the Western Australian Parliament and contains both the West Australian Legislative Council and West Australian Legislative Assembly. Construction first began between 1902 and 1904 on Harvest Terrace in West Perth, and had further expansions from 1958 to 1964 and a southern extension which was constructed in 1978.

The key objectives for the new lighting to the Assembly Chamber relate to performance and aesthetic quality. Each lighting element in the Assembly Chamber at Parliament House is considered essential in providing the quality of lighting required to the Chamber. These elements included direct downlighting and indirect uplighting to replace the existing central chandeliers.

The technical lighting criteria is similar to the Legislative Council Chamber, with the exception of illumination levels which are higher. The existing vertical illumination levels have been reduced, to lessen the visual impact whilst meeting the requirements for television recording and ‘live broadcasting’ throughout the chamber.